Calvert Hall is currently seeking a Social Studies Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year.
Calvert Hall College High School, a Catholic and Lasallian college preparatory school, provides a diverse community of young men with a broad and balanced human and Christian education through excellent academic and extracurricular programs that promote leadership, achievement and service within the church and community.
We are seeking a Social Studies teacher who is able to teach a wide range of courses, such as World History, American History, and Government. Experience in Economics or AP-level courses are a plus.
In addition to teaching, there is a strong preference for someone who will be involved in our extensive co-curricular program, whether in athletics or activities.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in history. A master’s degree is preferred. Knowledge of best practices and strong instructional and pedagogical techniques is also imperative.
Additionally, we seek someone who can:
- Develop student reading and writing skills, including those needed in research papers.
- Work well in a team teaching environment.
- Share in presenting course lectures.
- Develop and administer a balance of traditional and alternative assessments.
- Maintain classroom decorum, encouraging orderly and stimulating discussions and student participation.
- Provide support for our students both in the classroom and outside class time.
Calvert Hall is an equal opportunity employer, and is constantly seeking excellent candidates to fill faculty and staff positions. In each position, we seek someone who has the ability to work on a team, who is open to professional growth, and will be committed to our school’s Lasallian mission.
Deadline: Resumes for this position will be accepted until May 5.
Qualified candidates can submit their resumé electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Word/PDF/RTF format preferred). Resumés can also be mailed to:
Chuck Stembler, Principal
8102 La Salle Road
Baltimore, MD 21286