Soccer Camp for Boys and Girls - Ages 6-15 Session I
June 26 to June 30 9:00am – 12:00pmSession II
July 17 to July 21 9:00am – 12:00pmElite Camp
- See Details Below
July 23 to July 27 6:00pm - 8:30pmCOST
: $150/week or $260 for both sessions
**Discounted rates available for multiple siblings
Elite Camp: $215To register on-line, Click Here.
Come play and learn with one of the top high school programs in the United States!
The Calvert Hall Soccer team:
- Nationally ranked by the NSCAA in 2006 (#17), 2005 (#10) and 2002 (#8)
- 31 All-MIAA players and 19 All-State in the past 8 years
- MIAA "A" Conference Champions in 2016 (with a final record of 16-4-2), Semi-Finalists in 2012, Conference Champions in 2003 (with a final record of 12-6-2) and 2002 (final record 20-0-2)
Attend the 16th Annual Cardinal Soccer Camp - on the turf fields of the soccer and baseball stadiums!
The Cardinal Soccer Camp provides boys and girls, ages 6 to 15, the opportunity to develop their individual skills, mastery of team tactics and their knowledge of the total game.
The camp will focus on key elements of the game including:
- Ball control and dribbling
- Attacking and defending in 1v1, 2v1, 2v2 and other situations
- Passing and moving off the ball
- Group tactics and field vision
- 4v4 game drills, following the Dutch model of using the game as the teacher for younger players
- Specialized goalkeeping instruction
- All camp participants will receive a T-shirt and soccer ball.
The Elite Camp is designed for rising 8th and 9th graders who are serious about playing soccer in high school and beyond. This will include intense training and prepare the players for their club or high school preseason. Participants will receive a Nike Dri-Fit Shirt. Training balls will be provided. For more information, call Rich Zinkand at 410-925-7339.
The Cardinal Soccer Camp will be held on the synthetic turf fields of Russo Stadium and Crispino Stadium on Calvert Hall's campus. Players can wear normal outdoor soccer cleats.
Camp participants will receive personalized attention from Calvert Hall's coaching staff, including:
Current and former Calvert Hall Soccer players will assist the coaches.
One of the most renowned high school programs in the United States, the Cardinals have won 32 championships since 1928.
- 2006 and 2007 NSCAA Team Academic Award
- MIAA back-to-back soccer champions (1996 and 1997, 2002 and 2003, and now 2016).
- The Baltimore Sun’s All-Baltimore City/County Player of the Year two years in a row (2002, 2003, 2016).
- In 2002, Calvert Hall had 6 All-State players, the Baltimore Sun's All-Metro Player of the Year, All-Metro Coach of the Year, and Gatorade™ Player of the Year in Maryland
- In 2016, Calvert Hall had 4 All-MIAA selections, 2 All-Metro Players including the All-Metro Player of the Year by The Baltimore Sun, All-Metro Coach of the Year by The Baltimore Sun, and 1 NSCAA All-Region and All-America selection.
Rich Zinkand, Head Coach
Coach Zinkand is a 1987 graduate who played under legendary Coach Bill Karpovich. His teams won 2 MSA Championships, and included a perfect 21-0 season in 1986.
After graduating from Calvert Hall, Coach Zinkand played four years at Towson State University helping the Tigers to an East Coast Conference Championship. Rich returned to Calvert Hall as a member of the English Department in 1998.
After spending 3 years as an assistant coach with the varsity soccer program, he became head coach of the men’s program at The Community College of Baltimore County-Essex in 2002. His teams won five Region XX Championships and advanced to the NJCAA Final 8 twice. He has also coached in the Maryland ODP Program and various club teams in the area. Rich led the Cardinals to the MIAA Semi-Finals in 2012 and a conference title in 2016.
Calvert Hall Soccer: A Championship Tradition