History Enrichment Camp – American Revolutionary War
June 19th to 23rd, 2017 (5 days)
8:00 am to approximately 1:00 pm
This will be a one week, intensive experience in gaining the skill a middle school student or rising ninth grader needs to be a highly proficient history student at the pre-collegiate level. At the end of the week students will have:
• Received tips on writing and researching in history.
• Explored their own roots using his family's oral history and internet resources.
• Examined artifacts and records from the available archives of the American Revolutionary War
• Investigated local Revolutionary War history using community resources.
• Learned about the resources available in a school library that can help in the study of history.
FOR: Students ages 11-15
To register on-line, click here.
Please bring the following upplies:
- A notebook
- Writing instruments
Dress is smart casual. Rooms are air-conditioned. Students may wear a collared shirt, slacks or dress jeans, and casual shoes. No t-shirts, please.
Fees includes museum entry, workshop fees, and transportation.
Lunch will not be provided, though snacks will be available at a small cost.
Meet the Staff:
Frank Passaro grew up in East Towson and graduated from Calvert Hall College HS. Frank holds a degree in International Relations from Georgetown University and a Master’s Degree in Education from Towson University. He has been a teacher and administrator in public and parochial schools in Maryland and Kansas over the past forty years.
Frank is a member of the Social Studies Department at Calvert Hall where he teaches World History to freshman students. Frank acts as an educational consultant for the Advanced Placement® program in World History. He has consulted with schools and school districts in Maryland and beyond.