Calvert Hall is currently seeking a Network Administrator
for the 2021-2022 school year
Calvert Hall College High School, a Catholic and Lasallian college preparatory school, provides a diverse community of young men with a broad and balanced human and Christian education through excellent academic and extracurricular programs that promote leadership, achievement and service within the church and community.
This position is responsible for the technical support and operation of Calvert Hall’s information network. This includes the network infrastructure as well as Microsoft Windows based servers and applications. The Network Administrator is also the project leader of new technology initiatives put forth by the Administration and the Director of Technology. This position will report to the Director of Technology and has responsibility for cooperating with a diverse group of administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The Network Administrator is also responsible for mentoring and assisting the work of the Computer/AV Support Technician in conjunction with the Director of Technology.
- Maintain the Microsoft Windows based servers including all relevant updates and patches to the operating system and applications.
- Utilize the Track-It Helpdesk software to maintain logs for problem identification, tracking, and resolution as well as inventory control.
- Daily support of user accounts and profiles on the server.
- Support of the Microsoft Office 365 Tenant and associated tasks.
- Maintain current updates for virus protection of the servers and workstations.
- Administer and maintain the backup server and backup software.
- Support server-based software and applications such as SQL server applications, web-based applications, and remote access.
- Support of campus network infrastructure including switches, wireless, routers, and firewalls.
- Assist in the process of campus disaster recovery initiatives and preventative measures.
- Maintain network documentation.
- Administer and support daily functionality of the school website and all of its functions.
- Training of Faculty/Staff – device use, applications, proper security.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or Technology related subject required.
- Experience training end users in a formal or informal capacity.
- A minimum of two (2) years providing support services is desired.
- Experience providing support services in an academic environment is desired.
- A Microsoft Certified I.T. Professional certification is highly desired, and required within twelve (12) months of employment.
- A Cisco Certified Network Administrator certification, experience with content management, and experience with cloud/hosted technologies is highly desired.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Experience with e-mail and web filtering software (SPAM filters) is desirable.
- Working knowledge of network communications processes, including TCP/IP, telnet, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, and WINS.
- The Network+ and A+ certifications or the equivalent working knowledge is required.
- Experience with the Blackbaud software suite of school applications such as Raiser’s Edge NXT, Financial Edge NXT, and the K12 Education Management Solution is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively and professionally with users at all organizational levels are required.
- Ability to present technology needs and changes to faculty, staff and students.
- Experience supporting Apple devices and related software applications are desirable.
- A desire to continue professional growth and expand IT knowledge base.
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job. Other duties or skills will be required as needed.
Calvert Hall is an equal opportunity employer, and is constantly seeking excellent candidates to fill faculty and staff positions. In each position, we seek someone who has the ability to work on a team, who is open to professional growth, and will be committed to our school’s Lasallian mission.
Deadline: Resumes for this position will be accepted until June 25, but interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
Qualified candidates can submit their resumé electronically to Traci Malstrom, Administrative Assistant to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org (Word/PDF/RTF format preferred).
Resumés can also be mailed to:
Chuck Stembler, Principal
8102 La Salle Road
Baltimore, MD 21286