Boys and girls in 6th through 9th grades are invited to attend.
Participants will gain significant debate and argumentation skills provided by award winning coaches while exploring multiple topics relevant in today’s society. Each day is structured to give participants debated-based thinking routines that can translate into the classroom; such as research skills, cross-examination, public speaking and critical thinking. Students will conclude the camp on the final day with a tournament against other participants of the camp.
- Overview of High School Debate & College Scholarships Available
- Warm-up activities to meet other students interested in debate (particularly good for incoming CHC freshmen).
- Practice for the upcoming debate season.
- Meet the award winning Calvert Hall debate team members and learn from them.
- Sessions taught by Calvert Hall Director of Speech & Debate Dr. Peter Susko