Participants will engage in hands-on experience, working in small teams (3-5) to construct and drive a VEX robot. Each camp team will have the assistance of an experienced Calvert Hall VEX Robotics Team 5588 member as a mentor. The robots will compete against one another in a camp wide tournament on the last day. Participants will learn brainstorming, collaboration, design, building, programming and driving skills.
Boys and Girls entering 6th through 9th grades are invited to attend.
- Snack/Lunch each day. (Please advise of any food allergies)
- CHC Robotics T-shirt
- Overview of the 2022-23 VEX competition game announced at the 2022 World Championship
- Warm-up activities to meet other students interested in robotics (particularly good for incoming CHC freshmen)
- Discussion of alternative robot design and game strategy
- Practice driving one of CHC’s World class robots
- Overview of robotics programming using C++ for Robots VEXcode.
- Meet Calvert Hall VEX Team members and observe their robots in action
- Sessions taught by Robotics Coach Mrs. Renie Brown and CHC Student Engineers
For more information, contact Coach Renie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org